Sunday, March 18, 2012

Remodel


So on Friday the floor guy came out to get measurements. (YIKES!!!)
He suggested we get laminate flooring stead of doing hardwood because we have a cat and a toddler.
So Friday afternoon I went to Home Depot and picked up some samples of laminate flooring. It looks pretty good for laminent.
We already have carpet picked out. I love the carpet.
Now we are just trying to figure the hardwood/laminate out.
Should we do ALL hardwood? Should we just do tile in the entry and make a walking path and outline the living room and dinning room with tile or hardwood and have carpet inserts?
So may decisions! Its making me crazy!

I really wanted extra storage space. So instead of cutting out under the stairs, like we maybe planned, I think I came up with a better idea. We have this weird inlet with a lower cabinet and upper cabinet. Its kind of a waste of space. I'm thinking of turning it into a closet with a door so we can hide our filing cabinet and our vacuum cleaner and maybe have some storage for the items that are in the cabinet now.

Our house needs a major overhaul in the decorating department.
I love Pinterest. Its given me lots of ideas of what to do. I just need to bring them all together so they look good!
And I need to organize again so we don't have piles of stuff everywhere.


I am truly excited to get some work done on our house.
The roof, the birds will be gone, we are painting the walls, changing the floors, changing some of the light fixtures, adding at least two fans maybe a new chandelier in the dining area.

No comments:

Post a Comment