Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My love for the home

For those of you that know me, you might know I'm obsessed with homes.
My obsession began in the early 1990's when my parents were making the decision to buy a new home or remodel the one they currently owned. We spent weekends upon weekends doing walking throughs and open houses and model openings.
While I didn't quite yet appreciate the actual house, quite yet. All of these experiences were building my inspiration to one day buy a home of my own.
Which is actually one of the many reasons I decided to go to school in Reno, Nevada. In 2003, homes were 1/3 the price of a small home in San Diego. My dream of owning a home would come true with moving to Reno Nevada.

In 2006-2008 my parents were entertaining the idea of moving from San Diego to Reno. To be closer to me.
In desperation to find the perfect house for my parents. I spent countless hours touring and re-touring new home sub-divisions. Anywhere from South Meadows, Damonte Ranch, Sommerset, and Wingfield Springs and D'Andrea. I had the pleasure of meeting the wonderful Real Estate agents that worked in each division. And because of the time I spent, when I walked into the office they knew me by name. Yikes!

But I wanted to start a blog about my love of houses.
I still love houses. If I could buy a house a month, I would. In a heart beat!

Instead, we purchased a house 4 years ago. We love this home of ours.
We have decided to fix our new home up just a little. Paint the walls, renew the floors, fix the light fixtures, put cabinets in the laundry room and possibly add a very small storage cabinet so we can store our vacuum cleaner and steam cleaner away from guests eyes.

Today I ventured out getting decorating ideas. Here are some pictures.


I really like the bathroom. I like the lights, the tile. I like everything about the bathroom.


I love this entry way! I like the light and the tile on the floor the most.


I love the colors in this guest bathroom.


I love this master bedroom.


I love the design of these rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment